Dr. Scott Cohen
Dr. Scott A. Cohen received his Medical Degree (M.D.) from the State University of New York Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn College of Medicine. In addition, he received his Dental Degree (D.D.S.) from the Columbia School of Dental and Oral Surgery. Dr. Cohen completed his General Surgery internship and post graduate training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery from the Mt. Sinai Medical Center in New York City. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (board certified), a Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesia, a Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners as well as a Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery requires several years of hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Cohen manages a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, teeth, and facial regions. Dr. Cohen practices a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from dental implant surgery and wisdom tooth removal to corrective jaw surgery. This also includes techniques designed to rebuild bone structure with minimal surgical intervention and optimal patient comfort. We can also diagnose and treat facial pain, facial injuries, and fractures.
Dr. Cohen has extensive training and experience in Facial Reconstruction and Facial Cosmetic Procedures.
Dr. Cohen is a member of the following organizations:
- AAOMS (American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons)
- ACOMS (American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons)
- ABOMS (American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons)
- ADSA (American Dental Society of Anesthesia)
- ICOI (International Congress of Oral Implantology)
- IAOMS (International Association of OMS)
- ACPA (American Cleft Palate Association)
- MSNJ (Medical Society of New Jersey official blog)
- ADA (American Dental Association)
- AMA (American Medical Association)
- MCMS (Morris County Medical Society)
- NDBA (National Board of Dental Anesthesiology)
- AACS (American Association of Cosmetic Surgery)
- NJDA (New Jersey Dental Association)
- NJSOMS (New Jersey Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons)